Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cadbury Nest

I Know New England weather is Crazy!! But to me it’s finally SPRING!!! I love the spring…it’s such a Magical time, birds chirping… Crisp clean air will start flowing through our windows…the soil will soften and I can begin my Garden!! I made my very first garden 2 years ago and loved it, moved to a lake house and only had beach sand (no garden for me) and now that we are in our new home I can’t wait to get my garden going. There was nothing better than picking green beans out of your own yard and cooking them for dinner!!

Keeping the Spring theme: Tonight Ralph and I are going to relax “in” and I’m making a roast dinner fit for a king with roasted carrots, potatoes and asparagus! Yum! We rented a few redbox movie’s and I made the most delicious "SPRING" snack!!


Birds’ Nests
Servings: 10
Ingredients
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter; to grease you muffin pan
½ a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter-
```That’s peanut butter in the picture but looks a little different…We don’t buy processed peanut butter and those are only roasted peanuts. Once you try it you will Never go back to processed peanut butter again! It’s so delicious. You can buy it at whole foods. Although any kind of peanut butter you have in your house will work J
Large bag of chow Mein noodles
30 mini Cadbury eggs
Instructions
1. Grease your muffin pan so that the “nest” won’t stick when you take them out.
2. In a microwave safe bowl melt your chocolate, I would do it in 20-30 second intervals so you don’t burn your chocolate.
3. When you chocolate is melted mix in the peanut butter until it is all combined and smooth.
4. Use a wooden spoon and mix in noodles. Be carefully don’t to crush them…You want them to look like sticks. ;)
5. Put a spoonful in each muffin hole, making a little spot to put eggs with your finger.
6.  Chill the nests until they are hard….around 30 minutes.
7.  Once they are chilled pop them out and place on a cute serving platter.
8.  Place three eggs Cadbury eggs on each nest…. Super Cute & Super Yummy!!!!

*You can follow me on Pinterest HERE  for my recent post's on sweet treats & crafts I will be making this SPRING!!!  :o)



                                                           I have no Idea why this picture is Upside down...I've rotated 20 times, fixed it through photo-shop and through my blog and it Continues to be Upside down....SO I figured it was Ment to be! :o) Here is my silly Samuel Preston upside down! 
I also made Deviled Eggs for Lunch...... Take a "Peep" hehe 

My inspector Samuel Preston

Ingredients

  • 6 eggs
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Whole peppercorns (for eyes)
  • Small baby carrot (for beak)

Directions

Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs near the top, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites.Place the top back on and add the peppercorn's for eyes and a piece of carrot for the beak.

I also whipped up these last week...Rice Crispy Treats with Grass and Bunny Eggs :o) 
 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...