Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bumpdate: 21 Weeks



I can’t believe I’m writing as another week has past. How is it possible that I’m more than half way through with this baby making process! Little Sophia is such a firecracker already. It’s insane how much we already love and speak of this baby girl in everyday conversations. I love when Ralph refers to Sophia, it seriously makes my heart flutter. I was officially 21 weeks yesterday but as always I’m late and posting today. So technically 21 weeks 1 day! The week has been great and the weather is surely changing. It’s hot out but you wouldn’t know as I sit in my house with shorts and tank top with a huge blanket on me. Yes, Ralph keeps the central air cranked, It’s always a body shock when you step out our front door into 80* weather. I have some free time this a.m., Ralph is out “shopping” getting the heavy big stuff at Target that I hate carrying…8 cases of Poland Springs (Yes we have filtered water that comes out of our refrigerator on the front of the door and a Brita in our fridge but Ralph and I Love the bottles too!) *We recycle though ;) along with all the household whatnots I had him get Fabric Adhesive so I can attempt to make Sophia’s crib skirt today! 
  
I have my next doctor’s appointment on my Mom’s Birthday June 26th, I’m excited to get new updates and see my “FairyGod Mother” as I call her…My doctors is short and round, and quite possibly the sweetest human being out there. She makes me feel like Cinderella and all my dreams and wishes will come true with a wave of her wand stethoscope. I love sweet souls like her. 

How Big is Baby: The size of a Pomegranate


How far along: 21 weeks….19 weeks to go!

Feeling: Absolutely Fabulous, it’s hard to believe I’m more than half way there!

Maternity ClothesStill haven’t purchased maternity clothes…but I’m positive in the weeks to come I will be out shopping. Maybe I’m in denial that I’m getting bigger! But buttoning my shorts this morning I could tell they were “Snug” so by next week I’m sure I will be writing YES! School is also out so my teaching wardrobe has been untouched, If school was still in session I think I would have went this week for pants!  

Sleep: My sleep has been decent. I’m lucky that I’m able to nap here and there. It’s crazy how much work it is “Making a Baby” I get tired more frequently but I LOVE my bed so it’s easy to jump right in watch a movie and rest!  


Best moment of the week? Having stuff come in the mail for Sophia’s Nursery. It’s so exciting opening up packages of stuff for her! The nursery is really coming together! There was this Chevron Elephant on Etsy that I soooo badly wanted, the color was no longer in stock...Little did I know My Ralph had contacted the shop owner and special ordered it...



Movement: Tons! She is such a spicy little monkey, definitely feeling movement throughout the day! Especially when I’m driving and laying down. I love feeling her move around, so does Ralph.


Food cravings: Just my favorites as usual, mostly cereal. No I haven’t sent Ralph out on a crazy food expedition in the wee hours of the night. I wonder if those days will come…


Food aversions: Nothing…I’m not really sure what this even means (HA!) Nothing really turns my stomach like it did in the beginning, mostly smells like Starbucks coffee and what not. To be honest this whole being pregnant thing has been pretty awesome, maybe because we found out later in the game and I wasn’t able to realize other symptoms as “pregnancy symptoms” I would chalk it up as “Flu” from my students, or a bad piece of fish, so I always had a reason or so I thought for my “Sickness” during the first trimester. Looking back I would say that the first trimester at times was rough, but now it feels like a walk in the park!


Belly button in or out? In, I’m not sure how I’m going to feel when it pops out. Is that weird…I will probably be scared that it won’t go back in. I will have to goggle pictures so I know what to expect. Must be easy for those who were born with an “outie” ;)


What I miss: Fish. I know there are certain kinds I can eat but overall it still makes me nervous! Note to self **Stop Goggling things! I think everything is contaminated after watching a YouTube video on pollution and the ocean. And I LOVE salmon, swordfish, haddock and all those things! Oh and I’m still missing Raw Cookie dough and batter. It’s no fun baking while pregnant when it comes to that stuff!

What I'm looking forward to: The Holidays approaching (well in 4 months) and our Baby girl being a part of it! I’m such a sucker for the holidays and children make the season so much more magical than they already are. We can’t wait! I’ve also been trying to envision Ralph holding/seeing his baby girl for the first time. I think I may “Ugly” cry. He is just the most amazing guy I have ever met, and I’m so insanely in love with him, I can’t even fathom the love I will feel for him when I see him holding our baby. **Insert more tears** Is crying a “pregnancy symptom”? Because I have been doing that a lot ;)
 
Milestones: I did my laundry, can that count?!? I guess you could say I’ve been BUSY! I want the house to be perfect when BabySo gets here so I want everything Organized. I think it’s taking over my life, that and work, along with a few summer classes and I’m swamped. Or so I think ;) Ralph thinks I have LOTS of free time. 


Sneak Peak at one of the Etsy Prints we bought for BabySo's Nursery:
                                               YES these are the colors of her room! LOVE!


I also Joined Top Baby Blogs!! It’s only been a couple of weeks and I'm already in the top 50! You all have been so wonderful voting for me! I wish I could thank all of you personally. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It’s so awesome getting to be a part of the Top Baby blogs on the net and to be in the top 50 out there is shockingly amazing! You can vote by clicking the link below and clicking the first owl. I really appreciate all the love! 
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

How exciting! Congratulations! We just had our girl last December and I didn't know it'd be possible to love my husband more than I already did until I saw him be a Dad. You'll ugly cry, it's rough ;).
I cried at everything from 18 weeks on. The thought of crying would make me cry. I'm pretty glad that's over haha.

Sarah with an h said...

Thank You Sarah!! :) I'm so freakin' EXCITED!!! I just hopped on your Blog and your Little Girl Lucy aka BOO is the cutest!!!! :o) Oh ya and I'm for sure a crier. Today it was a commercial for Tide! HA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...